My name is Magdalena Neculaescu and I am a 39 years old Romanian artist. I started painting since I was a little girl, and during school I participated in a painting competition in France. I loved painting since I was a little child, but because of my parents I became an engineer. After 17 years of not painting absolutely anything, I wanted to know if I am still able to paint again, and I started to paint an Icon of Mother and child. After that I decided I can start being a self-taught artist, but after 4 years of hard work I realized I still need some guidance, and I started the classes to The Popular Art School in Sibiu and finished school last year. After the first drawings I realized this is what I love to do and that it was the best thing I did for myself.
Since then I participated in many group exhibitions and also won few prizes in National art competitions.
Group exhibitions I attended to:
- 2015, National Painting and Graphics Competition "Flowers in your area", Şcoala Populară de Arte şi Meserii Pitesti (People's School of Arts and Crafts), Pitesti, Romania
- 2016, National Painting and Graphics Competition "The poetry of things around", Astra Library, Sibiu, Romania, 3ed place with the artwork "The trunk with dreams"
- 2016, National Painting and Graphics Competition "Traditions from your area", (People's School of Arts and Crafts), Pitesti, Romania
- 2017, National Painting and Graphics Competition "Hazard and distortion", Şcoala Populară De Arte Tudor Jarda (Tudor Joarda People's School of Arts and Crafts), Cluj, Romania
- 2017, National Painting and Graphics Competition "Vespasian Lungu Contest", Scoala Populara de Arte "Vespasian Lungu" (Vespasian Lungu People's School of Arts), Braila, Romania
- 2017, National Painting and Graphics Competition "Memories", Centrul Cultural Dunarea de Jos Galati (Cultural Center Dunarea de Jos Galati), Galati, Romania, The Grand Prize with the artwork "Us"
- 2017, "Incrementum", Astra Library, Sibiu, Romania
- 2017, National Painting and Graphics Competition “Dreamlike”, Astra Library, Sibiu, Romania, 1st place with the artwork “The little pilot”
- 2017, International Art Competition "Codes of Faith", Laura I Art Gallery, London, UK https://www.lauraiartgallery.com/
I love painting nature and animals because our life would be boring without them. All I want is to capture their “light” and “sparkle” so it brings to the viewer what inspired me to paint them. I love painting in general, all sorts of paintings: sci-fi paintings that show the approach to GOD, nature, animals, people in daily routine, urban paintings and even portraits from very accurate to strong wide brush strikes in watercolor, ink, pastel, acrylic and oil. And I paint on every support: paper, canvas, handbags, walls, PVC. I love creating fun decorations for home and garden. As long as involves painting I can do everything because it makes me happy and when I am happy I create. It’s like a circle. When people look at my paintings I want them to say: ”Wow, this painting tells a story and it brings a smile to my face. “ And I am so happy because they do just that. I want people have fun watching my art, and make them forget, for a moment, about the problems and the “grey” of life. For me art is beauty, so I want to bring beauty in the life of people.